PDF download: http://media.tix.es/Privacy-Tix.es-EN.pdf
Who we are
Whether you are looking for a flight ticket, a hotel or car hire, Tix.es makes sure that you book what is suitable for you quickly and simply! It is obviously very important what price you pay for a flight ticket, a hire car or hotel, but just merely the lowest possible price is not the most important thing. Because you obviously want something that suits you. Tix.es is an intermediary and this means that we mediate between you and the ultimate service providers. By means of this site we advise and inform you and reservations are made. We provide these services on your instructions. Tix.es then forms an agreement between you and the service provider you have chosen. For instance Tix.es can make reservations for individual flight tickets, car hire, hotel rooms and it can take out insurance for you. Tix.es itself is not a party to the ultimate agreement.
The general details of Tix.es (being the data controller of the data processing) are: Tix B.V. Address: Ceresstraat 15 A2, 4811 CA Breda, the Netherlands Telephone: 0900-8801 Ch. of Comm.: 50031600
What information do we collect?
Cookies, and how we use them
In order to tailor the content of the website and marketing e-mail messages of Tix.es, the information you provide will be analysed. On the basis of this analysis automated content will be selected for the website and for the marketing e-mail message. In addition the analysed information will be used for building profiles to tailor even better the content of our website and marketing e-mail messages to your interests. Because your name is not included in this analysis we expect that analysing your details for these purposes will have no further consequences for you, other than an improved user experience when visiting our website and receiving our marketing e-mail messages.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data in the following ways:
• To provide you with information you have asked for about our products.
• To send you marketing e-mail messages, text messages and information which you have specifically subscribed to.
• To process your bookings.
• To confirm your purchases.
• To make sure that you are invoiced correctly.
• To measure and follow demographic details about our customers.
• To tailor the content of our website more specifically to your interests.
• To be able to inform you about the possibility of claiming compensation from an external party if you have experienced a delayed, cancelled, changed or overbooked flight. Tix.es will ask in advance for your consent to process your data, unless Tix.es has a justified interest in processing your data. If you have given your consent for the processing, you will be entitled to withdraw it at any time by sending a message to that effect to our privacy officer at privacy@Tix.es. After having received your message Tix.es will discontinue the processing based on your consent. However, any processing that took place before you withdrew your consent remains lawful processing on the basis of a valid consent at the time of processing. So Tix.es is not obliged to undo any previous processing.
It may be that the partner to whom we pass on your details as described above, is based abroad. Tix.es warrants that an adequacy decision has been issued by the European Commission for the country where the partner is based or – if this is not the case – Tix.es has taken appropriate and/or suitable guarantees such as stipulating the Standard Contractual Clauses.
Finally, we assure you that we won’t pass on your personal data to any third parties who are not involved in completing the purchases you have made through us unless you give your consent to this end or Tix.es is obliged to disclose the data on the basis of applicable legislation or regulations, or on the basis of a request by or order of a competent authority.
E-mail messages which you can expect from Tix.es
If you opt to receive e-mail messages from us, you will receive information which is in our opinion useful and interesting for you. For example:
• We keep you informed of the actions at Tix.es, news about destinations and products, programmes, etc. and other special promotions which we think you will consider valuable.
• We will keep you informed about your trip and any major changes to your travel (schedule).
• We keep you informed of major changes in the operation of the website.
As a subscriber to our marketing e-mail messages, at regular intervals you will receive e-mail updates from us about the products and destinations on offer in your local area, special offers, discount codes, new services of Tix.es and other matters worthy of mention. Apart from the e-mails to confirm your registration, e-mails containing your Gate1. at account information and e-mails directly relating to a booking made on our website, Tix.es will not send you any e-mails unless you opt to receive e-mails from us. Please take into account that e-mails relating to your registration and transactions with Tix.es also include e-mails with a request to write a review about your booking and experience of the service provision of our company, administrative messages and surveys with regard to your Tix.es account or your transactions through Tix.es. If you no longer want to receive e-mail messages from Tix.es, there are various ways to unsubscribe.
• You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of every marketing e-mail message which we send and by following the instructions.
• When you register as a member of Tix.es, you can adjust your settings on “mijn.Tix.es”.
• You can send an e-mail to privacy@Tix.es.
Our security and storage measures Tix.es ensures that the integrity and protection of your personal data is maintained. We use industry-standard encryption protocols when we transfer your personal data. Before you send your personal data to us via the internet, we first make sure that a ‘protected session’ is created by means of Secure Socket Layer (SSL). Your personal data are stored in secure operating environments which are not accessible to the general public. Our physical facilities are provided with security measures to protect your personal data against loss, misuse or change by our employees or third parties. However, no single data transfer via the internet is 100% guaranteed safe and therefore we cannot give you absolute certainty that the information you provide us with is always safe. Tix.es trusts that you notify us when you notice something unusual that might indicate a violation of your data protection. We will then investigate whether the violation of the data protection relates to the data transfer from or to Tix.es and will let you know what steps can be or have been taken to remedy the problem. Further action, such as reporting the incidents to the police or the appropriate bodies can also be required. Your personal data which are collected and processed by Tix.es, will not be retained any longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the data are being processed. After this period the personal data will be removed or made anonymous.
Your rights with regard to your personal data
You can exercise the following rights with regard to the personal data which Tix.es collects and/or processes from you:
• Right to inspection: you can ask Tix.es whether it processes data from you. If that is the case you can inspect your personal data.
• Right to rectification: if your information is inaccurate, you can ask Tix.es to correct the information. This also includes the right to have incomplete information supplemented, taking into account the purpose of the processing.
• Right to deletion: you can request Tix.es to delete data about you, for instance if the information is processed unlawfully or if you withdrew your consent.
• Right to data processing restriction: you request Tix.es to restrict the processing of your data if (i) the information is incorrect, (ii) the information is wrongful, (iii) it is necessary for you that we retain your data after the retention period for the benefit of a claim of you, or (iv) you objected to the processing and the balancing of interests is being verified.
• Right to objection: you are entitled to object to the processing for reasons associated with your specific situati on and you can object to the processing of your personal data for sending personal marketing focussed on you.
• Right to data transferability: you can request Tix.es to provide you or a third party with an electronic file of your personal data, if this is technically possible.
Tix.es will respond as soon as possible to your request, but in any event within one month. If it is allowed under applicable law, Tix.es can postpone the response period by two additional months if that is necessary due to the complexity or the number of requests. Tix.es will inform you of the postponement and the reason for it. If Tix.es rejects your request, it will give the reasons for the rejection in its message to you.